Welcome to Southwest Tulsa!

        WesternNeighborsOllie's StationMain StreetRed Fork ArtSW EducationSW PicturesSertomaBreaking NewsNeighborhoods


Contact the Webmaster for the Southwest Tulsa site.
We would like your comments and suggestions




Southwest Tulsa Golf Courses


Municipal Course open to the public

City of Tulsa
6666 S Union  Tulsa, OK 74132

Page Belcher is a 36 hole facility, and home of the Tulsa Golf School. It features a driving range, a huge practice putting green and a short game area. The original course, Olde Page, opened for play in June 1977. The new course, Stone Creek, opened for play in Sept 1987. Both courses feature zoyzia grass tees and fairways with pincross bent grass greens on Old Page and the new hybrid L93 bent grass greens on Stone Creek. Olde Page was the site of the 1988 USGA National Women's Public Links Championship and features rolling terrain with large tees and greens. The course also has numerous water hazards and sand bunkers. It is a very popular course due to being fun and challenging for all levels of players. Stone Creek features the same rolling terrain as Olde Page, however, it is much tighter with water hazards and sand bunkers, and is popular among the low handicap players. Soft spikes only.

General Info: Credit Cards Accepted, Handicap Accessible, Restaurant on Site, Senior Discount

Tour Group Services: Tour Bus Parking

Days/Hours Open: Open daily sunup to sundown.

Directions: Located 1 block W of S Hwy 75 between 61st and 71st Sts.

Group Contact: Guy Larson

Private course and country club

The Oaks Country Club

P.O. Box 9339 Tulsa, Ok 74157
Clubhouse: (918) 446-6161
Pro Shop (918) 446-5518
Fax (918) 446-6471
Pool (918) 446-4180

Oaks Country Club is the second oldest course in Tulsa. The idea for the club came from William Weichel and Walter Ahrens. In June of 1920 the men formed a 45-member charter called the Golfer's Country Club. A special site selection committee spent weeks looking over available property in the area. They ultimately recommended our present location eight miles out in the country from downtown Tulsa on the highest hill southwest of downtown. In June of 1921 work started clearing the land of over 2,000 oak trees and the club's name was changes to Oakhurst Country Club. In 1947 the name was again changed to the Oaks Country Club and the club was sold to the members.

The club was fortunate to acquire the services of A. W. Tillinghast as our course architect. He had a strong belief of shaping the golf course out of the natural contour of the land. One of his trademark designs, beginning with three relative easy holes and ending with three rather difficult holes, is easily recognized by anyone who has played our course. Tillinghast designed some of the most respected coursed in the country, including, Winged Foot and Baltusrol, both hosting major championships over the years.

Throughout the years both the course and the clubhouse have undergone changes and improvements. However, both have held fast to their original designs. The greens, originally sand, where changed to Bermuda in 1924, again to Bent in 1930, and were completely re-built in 1992. The clubhouse has also undergone numerous expansions and remodeling, including our most recent additions completed in 2001, but through all the changes has remained true to its original Old English Inn design.

Today the Oaks is well respected for a mature and wonderfully maintained golf course, one of the finest clubhouse facilities in this part of the country, an excellent staff, and a friendly, family oriented membership. Through the hard work of a great number of individuals over the years the Oaks has not only gotten older but has truly gotten better, year after year.



Thanks for visiting Southwest Tulsa!
Site Visitors:  Hit Counter
Contact the webmaster:  Webmaster